cz200s. how tight do i install the air cylinder.

subaru swift

cz200s. how tight do i install the air cylinder.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi folks I have got a very nice 2nd hand cz200s. But it was leaking a tiny bit over time. Hence I have installed some new O-rings in the action, & replaced the rear one on the air cylinder too.
But I've come to install the air cylinder, & I am just asking how tight do I tighten it up on these ?. I am used to hw & steyrs even daystates :roll: but not cz \ air arms.
Do I just finger tighten it up with a little nip up & let the air pressure from the dive tank do it job. :?:
Also when I fill it up to around 160 bar I believe, is it safe to remove the air cylinder with air still in it if needed or is it a big no no on these. :?:

PS the air cylinder as got an internal huma regulator fitted in it.

silly question but I would like to do the job right & safe, cheers kenny
Time Waits 4 No 1.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: cz200s. how tight do i install the air cylinder.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:05 pm

O ring design means if they in a correctly designed slot they should work even if the thread is a bit loose. Removable cylinders should be hand tight only if yours has one. Do you take the cylinder out to fill it? If so then you have to remove it with 100 bar in to top it up. If you fill it while in the rifle then you cant remove it til it's empty.

subaru swift

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:43 pm

I believe the cz200/s are meant to be filled with the air cylinder in the rifle if its got a quick fill, but some you can remove when they have a gauge in the cylinder.
Hence the question because mine has got a Daystate style QC02 Coupler fitted, plus its got the internal huma req fitted.
Just thinking I will install the air cylinder back & fill it to 100 bar to make sure the leak as stopped for the next few days. But I will not remove the air cylinder until all the air as gone in side it, if or when needed in the future.
Time Waits 4 No 1.

no avatar
Roger5

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:49 pm

Just tighten it hand tight air pressure will sort it out, if you have an internal reg I doubt you will be taking cylinder off to fill it and will be filling it by normal fill valve, and you can fill to 190 bar. If you have any problems get on to xtx air.com he will sort you out. Rog

subaru swift

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:58 pm

That's Great thank you. I'm just used to other makes of rifles & just wanted to double check. Its for the step daughter so I will be looking after the rifle when or if needed.
There should be no need to work on it if the leak has stopped, but if I need to I will just dry fire the rifle empty when I need to remove the air cylinder.
The rifle was fully empty this morning so it was safe to take apart but it got me thinking if its full can I remove it like some of the cz200/s out there ? has I would never just risk it.
They are cracking rifles used it a few times myself over the last couple of months. Just want it to run the best it can for her.
Time Waits 4 No 1.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:54 pm

As it has been modified theres no way to know if the non return valve has been left in the part of the cylinder that screws into the receiver body. If you try and fill the cylinder at the quick fill end before putting it in the gun you would know.

http://stevespages.com/pdf/cz200.pdf

subaru swift

Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:12 pm

I will ask the last owner of it asap, cheers for the pdf but I've got that one downloaded all ready :D
Time Waits 4 No 1.

no avatar
Roger5

Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:51 pm

I strongly advise you to look here Huma- air.com. Everything you need to know regarding Huma internal regs is there.Rog