TX Tuning

no avatar
MikeBarley66

TX Tuning

Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:02 am

New to the club so I'll apologise in advance for asking a question that probably been asked may time before. Just bought a TX200 mk3 in .177 its shoot great out of the box but can't help taking things apart. Thinking of putting a TBT kit in it, would I be making a mistake!

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: TX Tuning

Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:11 am

Welcome :) have a read through the tech section the info you require is in there.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Blackbaronfish

Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:14 am

MikeBarley66 wrote:New to the club so I'll apologise in advance for asking a question that probably been asked may time before. Just bought a TX200 mk3 in .177 its shoot great out of the box but can't help taking things apart. Thinking of putting a TBT kit in it, would I be making a mistake!

You will only need to fit one if the spring twangs.
Your first port of call is to degrease her and relube :mrgreen:
Welcome to the AAOC

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Sake-san

Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:38 pm

MikeBarley66 wrote:New to the club so I'll apologise in advance for asking a question that probably been asked may time before. Just bought a TX200 mk3 in .177 its shoot great out of the box but can't help taking things apart. Thinking of putting a TBT kit in it, would I be making a mistake!

Welcome to this super forum and congrats on your new gun.
Put a few tins of pellets through it before you do anything other than the degrease and relube (per BBF), including the trigger mechanism. The factory transit / storage lubrication whilst good and indeed necessary for protecting against corrosion in transit / storage is far from optimal for actually shooting.
Then and only then ask yourself what exactly you wish to change and why?... and perhaps even how you plan to measure / appraise the desired change?, because if you can't then why bother?.
There is an entire industry making money out of people who feel obliged to boast that their gun is tuned! (some even apply little stickers to advertise the fact) and said industry contains the good, bad and ugly!. The example which you quote may change the noise that the action / firing cycle makes (only to your ear against the action, not the muzzle report). You shall essentially be replacing steel guide/s with plastic ones, the reason that AA use a steel spring guide (more expensive and harder to engineer) is because the plastic ones can and do break!. Only recently a world champion TX shooter suffered such in a key competition.
Get to know the gun, practice with it, find the pellets which suit its individual barrel (a better way to spend your time and money by far) and enjoy it... ;)
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun