AA s400 Barrel help please

no avatar
underdog

Re: AA s400 Barrel help please

Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:45 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Dont forget to put a new oring in whilst its apart. I really wouldnt worry about a high spot on the crown as there are more things that can alter the poi than this,

Get it back together and you will soon see 8-)
Yes I do have a spare one so will change old for new would be easier with brass collar out
BBF

Blackbaronfish

Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:52 pm

Cool. Chop chop ...what are you waiting for :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:02 pm

Underdog....i bet your glad i didn't delete or lock this topic :mrgreen: :)

Ps im keeping the dummy so you cant spit it out again :mrgreen:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
underdog

Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:04 pm

Mark112 wrote:Hi,

Sounds like the barrel has come out and left the brass end piece in the breech block. They are usually Loctite'd together and it's the brass bit that has to be aligned with the transfer port. The barrel itself has no particular orientation.

S410Barrel.jpg

The above picture shows the barrel and the brass bit fitted together. One of the grub screws locates in the top hole and the bottom hole lines up with the transfer port to transfer the blast of air down the barrel when you fire it. The barrel seal can just be seen near the end of the brass bit and can be a b*%stard to fit. Patience is required.

Mark

Hi Mark thanks for your wonderful post and photo did not know it was glued in if only it had come out like yours all in one bit I would not be in trouble with forum moderaters :cry: I think I'm there with it now but I'll check with air arms lads and report to members on monday least I can from underdog :oops:

no avatar
underdog

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:47 am

Blackbaronfish wrote:Cool. Chop chop ...what are you waiting for :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF

I'm out of epoxy clue but the rifle is stripped down so I'll get it all done Monday :lol: then again the sheds full of spiders !!!

no avatar
underdog

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:58 am

eboswan wrote:Underdog....i bet your glad i didn't delete or lock this topic :mrgreen: :)

Ps im keeping the dummy so you cant spit it out again :mrgreen:

Yes I'm glad you didn't as I'm still learning I don't go out of my way to be rude to members.I shell wind my neck in and listen next time thanks from Frank in sunny Dover

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:58 am

For fixing the brass collars I would use Loctite thread or bearing locker not epoxy. loctite can be more easily dismantled with a bit of heat like a soldering iron .

no avatar
underdog

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:04 am

TenMetrePeter wrote:For fixing the brass collars I would use Loctite thread or bearing locker not epoxy. loctite can be more easily dismantled with a bit of heat like a soldering iron .

Are now I do have that Loctite blue thread so use that you say ok I will thanks from underdog

no avatar
underdog

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:48 am

Mark112 wrote:
Hi,

Sounds like the barrel has come out and left the brass end piece in the breech block. They are usually Loctite'd together and it's the brass bit that has to be aligned with the transfer port. The barrel itself has no particular orientation.

S410Barrel.jpg

The above picture shows the barrel and the brass bit fitted together. One of the grub screws locates in the top hole and the bottom hole lines up with the transfer port to transfer the blast of air down the barrel when you fire it. The barrel seal can just be seen near the end of the brass bit and can be a b*%stard to fit. Patience is required.

This fixed it i tried to phone Air Arm but could not get through engaged permanently so dI'd what mark said and I also used only lock tight thread glue my friend and I could not find a granite table top to roll the barrel on so we were reduced to a glass table top we added a spear window pane on top of is smoked glass table top to stop any scratching we both could see only the very slightest wobble so taking that no barrel is ever straight as quoted in one of the post we take it as being ok
Off to the range we went. Over the moon with it now just a silly bit of stuck on brass coursed so much trouble we think the brass had moved after each shot so pellet was loading wrong each and every time
Well we managed a clover leaf triangle at 70yds best target that is but the rest were well under 1.5 inches

So I'm all sorted only just leaves to say thanks
Sorry I got rude and grumpy with some of you guys :oops:
I want to thank you all for your help and Mark for his photo showing where I was going wrong with brass
Collar between us we have rescued a 2006 s400 goblin and turned her into a princess thanks one and all from grumpy old Frank in dover :roll:

Blackbaronfish

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Glad your sorted.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started