Galahad air filling

no avatar
robt123

Galahad air filling

Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:43 am

A word of advice.

Just received my Galahad carbine regulated, tried to fill it as normal for a pcp, very slowly and the air just flooded out around the filling probe.

Spoke to Air Arms and they have changed the fill opening to be slightly larger than the FTP900 to avoid the damage to the o rings bits of which then get into the regulator and screw it up. This means you have to turn the air tank valve on quite hard to start with in order to create large pressure around the o rings so they expand and seal. I was always told to fill pcps slowly, Terry Doe's article about his Galahad in Oct Airgun World specifically says "charging should always be done slowly and gradually", well apparently not.The Galahad manual makes no mention of the changed procedure either so I expect a lot of guns going back to the RFD until word gets about.

I guess it also means no filling with a hand pump (emergency only anyway!!) as you won't be able to get the quick blast of air to seal the o rings.

Rob.

no avatar
Cbird175

Re: Galahad air filling

Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:33 pm

Same problem! I replaced o-rings on refilling probe with 007 o-rings. Problem solved.

no avatar
Dave935765

Re: Galahad air filling

Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:03 am

I only had mine a couple days and I had the same problem the filling, it is so slow and it won’t go to the maximum pressure also the power had dropped right down 550 FPS. It has gone back to AA for repair but what I’m not happy about is that the manual says nothing about the loose fitting probe and the proper way to fill it!