Power adjuster wheel

no avatar
seadog

Power adjuster wheel

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Mother dumb question from a noob .i own a 410 in 177 and a 400 in 22 both guns I find the power wheel adjuster thingy is very easy to bumb from where I set them is there a way to lock them in place after you have them set where you want them ? Both my guns are extra fac not sure what that means

Blackbaronfish

Re: Power adjuster wheel

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:19 pm

Here in the UK anything over a muzzle energy of over 12lb requires a FAC to use and own. The rifles you have allow the energy to be altered by hardly 6lb to 32lb. The adjusting wheel does go loose over time and can be tightened back up by an Allen key. You will find the head under the action by the wheel.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
seadog

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:11 am

Thank you so much - Do I need to take the guns out of the stock to acces the screw ?

Blackbaronfish

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:36 am

Yes you will.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Roger5

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:24 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Here in the UK anything over a muzzle energy of over 12lb requires a FAC to use and own. The rifles you have allow the energy to be altered by hardly 6lb to 32lb. The adjusting wheel does go loose over time and can be tightened back up by an Allen key. You will find the head under the action by the wheel.

BBF

And don't put to much pressure on it or it will leak. Rog

no avatar
seadog

Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:09 pm

Thanx got it sorted now

Raj

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:47 pm

seadog wrote:Mother dumb question from a noob .i own a 410 in 177 and a 400 in 22 both guns I find the power wheel adjuster thingy is very easy to bumb from where I set them is there a way to lock them in place after you have them set where you want them ? Both my guns are extra fac not sure what that means

Just to explain further and apologies if you already knew this ....

FAC - stands for Fire Arm Certificate. This is a document that allows you to possess and use firearms that are powerful enough to kill bigger animals (including humans). The certificate is only granted if you are of sound mind, have a genuine use for the firearm (including FAC cleared land to shoot on), are able to demonstrate adequate locked storage to specified standards etc. to your visiting local Fire Arms Officer (FAO) https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 8914,d.ZGg
It is a significant offence to possess one of these rifles without a certificate.

On the other hand, non-FAC sub-12 ft.lbs air rifles and pistols may be bought by almost anyone above 18 years of age. Walk into any shop that sells them, pay and walk out with one (in a slip case or hard case) no questions.
https://basc.org.uk/airgunning/advice/b ... -practice/

Hope this helps .... and if you dont mind my curiosity ... How did you come to have two FAC rifles without knowing what FAC means? This is not a rhetorical question or a put-down - just curiosity :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Blackbaronfish

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:53 pm

He lives overseas :mrgreen:

BBF

Raj

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:54 pm

That explains everything :mrgreen:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"