Power creep

no avatar
Keithy

Power creep

Wed May 18, 2016 9:44 am

Hi I have just got a s510 .177 it was second hand but virtually new. It was doing 11.1 when I got it after two months it is now doing 11.4 with jsb exact what's worrying me is I tried bisleymags and h& n hunter extreme through it and the power jumps massively over 1 ft pound is this normal.? My hw100's don't increase by much, I assume I can turn it down by turning the screw on the rhs under the silver plug or is it more complicated then that? :shock:

Blackbaronfish

Re: Power creep

Wed May 18, 2016 10:40 am

Yes you can turn it down the way you have said.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
gary martin

Re: Power creep

Wed May 18, 2016 4:22 pm

pcp's are in general more efficient with heavy ammo. i use JSB heavy 10.28g in my EV2. Before that i used JSB exact 8.44g, in this configuration it was running 11.4 ft/lb, when i changed to the heavies it was right on the 12ft/lb limit with no mods. i just turned the venturi screw in to reduce power output.
so yes it is normal. as for creeping power, my rifle has gone up in higher temps, and even when i neglected cleaning the barrel. i usually clean it after circa 200-250 shots. i neglected this once and noticed that some shots were higher in POI on targets. chronoed the rifle it was running i bit higher than normal, cleaned the barrel and it was back at original power, POI back to normal. there are a multitude of things which could affect the out come. As i have found out with advice on my springer chrono with weighed pellets. i have had some pellets out of the tin which weighed 0.5 grain + - the stated weight, this of course will have an effect on the muzzle velocity.
Gary.