syclone

Re: CZ200 Hunter

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:27 am

Wish they would sell the green stock separately. :mrgreen:

no avatar
gary martin

Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:11 pm

looks like a decent starter rifle, PCP wise, adjustable stock, good price what's not to like.

no avatar
pelletcaster

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Raj wrote:Till it gets sorted, at lease Pelletcaster from Greece can enjoy it and tell us what if performs like :)

Hi guys,
got my Green, shot it out of the box.
Then dismanteled completely, cleaned & polished any relevant moving parts in the receiver. Polished the barrel including crown & lead-in.
Shimed lower trigger sear to reduce horizontal play.
ALTAROS reg & QF installed (changed the gauges 'cause genuine CZ-gauge indication is much better than Altaros gauge).

As there is no power limit here in Austria (just AGs exceeding cal. 22 have to be registered - you can do this online) I decided to put the system near it's max (though might go back to around 12fpe in the future).

TP-restrictor completely open, HST on max, ALTAROS reg on max.
thus:
JSB Exact Heavy 4,52 - 0,670 g / 10,34 gr
20,7 Joule / 15,3 fpe
Vmuzzle 248,8 ms / 816,4 fps
max dev 2,6 ms / 8,5 fps
std dev 0,8 ms / 2,7 fps

system bedded in, trigger not yet but prospects are fine.

If you're interested in my report (in German language) showing several pictures about the tuning works, the outcome & some charts don't hesitate to go to:
http://www.airgun-austria.com/t4164-cz_ ... uning.html

Those AGs are pretty nice pieces. I tried one the first time nearly five years ago when entering airguning and was deeply impressed from the first shot. That one was on sub-12fpe for HFT and a perfect tool.
Now I have my own one - very happy. :D

Happy shooting gents
Greetings from Austria
Andreas
Live is a journey - not a destination.
-----------------------------------------
AA TX200 HC / LGU Master / LGV-CU / HW35 / HW50s (1974) / HW50S (2015) / HW90 / DIANA 34 T01
DS MK4iS-S / SPA P-12 / CZ200S-Green

Raj

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:41 pm

Great work on that rifle. Now try this to make a big jump in accuracy ....

1. Float the barrel by oversize drilling the barrel band hole to 17mm. This will make it break through into the bigger bore that the air cylinder occupies. No matter.
2. Use film negative to shim the air cylinder bore so that there is zero play between the barrel band and air cylinder.
3. Use film negative to shim the gap (if any) between the End Plug (38) and the receiver body - again reducing play.

Your groups will close up like magic.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
pelletcaster

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:15 pm

Raj wrote:Great work on that rifle.Thanks a lot. Now try this to make a big jump in accuracy ....

1. Float the barrel by oversize drilling the barrel band hole to 17mm. This will make it break through into the bigger bore that the air cylinder occupies. No matter.
Is this adviceable for the one-piece-stock too? I can imagine - yes. Please confirm.
What about a groove for a loose O-ring?

2. Use film negative to shim the air cylinder bore so that there is zero play between the barrel band and air cylinder.
Question concerning the one-piece stock as before.
I'm going to put some carbon foil on the cylinder as I spoiled it little bit on first opening of the end plugs (just copper marks of the brackets in my vise but not realy nice). So some of the free play in the barrel band will be gone already by this. May double the carbon foil layer where it sits in the band to give a firm fit.

3. Use film negative to shim the gap (if any) between the End Plug (38) and the receiver body - again reducing play.
Put already a plastic shim in - see picture below. It fits perfectly.

Your groups will close up like magic.
I'm sure you know what you're talking about.
Appreciate your helpful comments very much.
Thanks once more.
Will give you a follow up here hopefully soon.
Andreas

AA TX200 HC / LGU Master / LGV-CU / HW35 / HW50s (1974) / HW50S (2015) / HW90 / DIANA 34 T01

Raj

Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:45 pm

Barrel Floating
In the case of this rifle, it is more a need to 'de-couple' the barrel from the air cylinder than actually floating the barrel itself. With the firing mechanism inside the air cylinder, transferring the jump from the air cylinder to the barrel is very well done by the barrel band! Freeing them from each other makes a difference. O-ring might work but the barrel is so hefty that it doesnt really need any help. My preference would be a full clearance.

Shimming the Air Cylinder bore
Yes, with the one piece stock, this is perhaps not a priority but if you aregoing to acheive the effect with the wrap, then that should be more than enough. The gun just feels so much more solid without the gap between band and air cylinder.

Finally, a spare band is just a few Euros. If you dont like what you have done, you can always replace with a new one. :)

no avatar
pelletcaster

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:53 am

Thanks Raj,
it makes sense for me and so I'll try.
ATB
Andreas

no avatar
Roger5

Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Raj wrote:Barrel Floating
In the case of this rifle, it is more a need to 'de-couple' the barrel from the air cylinder than actually floating the barrel itself. With the firing mechanism inside the air cylinder, transferring the jump from the air cylinder to the barrel is very well done by the barrel band! Freeing them from each other makes a difference. O-ring might work but the barrel is so hefty that it doesnt really need any help. My preference would be a full clearance.

Shimming the Air Cylinder bore
Yes, with the one piece stock, this is perhaps not a priority but if you aregoing to acheive the effect with the wrap, then that should be more than enough. The gun just feels so much more solid without the gap between band and air cylinder.

Finally, a spare band is just a few Euros. If you dont like what you have done, you can always replace with a new one. :)

Nice one Raj, floated barrel and shimmed cylinder, and yes it does feel better, it was accurate to start with but it is certainly no worse for doing this, and it's still upsetting the local rabbits, playing with trigger now, such fun. Rog

Raj

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:15 pm

8-)