EV2 MK4 Users - Problem With Probe/Cocking Arm - Help!

no avatar
Scrench

EV2 MK4 Users - Problem With Probe/Cocking Arm - Help!

Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:07 am

Guys,

When I cock the gun, the probe/cocking arm creeps forward preventing me from inserting a pellet. If I point the gun upwards gravity keeps it from happening, but when level or pointed downwards, it rolls forward. Driving me nuts when in the FT seated position. What's the fix?

Thank You,

Scrench

Blackbaronfish

Re: EV2 MK4 Users - Problem With Probe/Cocking Arm - Help!

Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:54 am

They usually stay locked open at a right angle. Sounds like it's had a bit of wear. I'm sure Julian will be able to put this right though 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Scrench

Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:53 pm

Thanks for the reply BBF.

Yes, it's got some wear on it, the original owner bought it to compete in the 2013 World Benchrest Championship and took 13th. It consistently placed in the top 5 in Benchrest Regional matches in Southern California with it's 2nd owner, so I thought it would make a great FT rifle, which it has. I can routinely shoot cloverleaf patterns at 45 yards, sub 1 inch at 55. I know that on the Steyr LP10 pistol I had there was one adjustment screw that would stop the bolt from creeping forward, but I haven't found anything like that on this gun. Maybe I need to take the action apart, or maybe I just haven't looked in the right spot. As you say, I bet Julian knows. If anyone knows how to attract his attention, please send him my way. Our local Cajun Spring Classic, a 120 shot FT Gran Prix event and the longest running major FT event in the United States is next weekend, and I'd like to get it fixed before then so my fellow competitors don't have to put up with my bitching, moaning and groaning :)

Scrench

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:30 pm

Ive sent him a pm for you mate ive no doubt that he will be in touch.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

bgaltd

Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:59 pm

its sounds like wear , open it up , write me a list of whats needed and i'll see what i can do :-) .

Blackbaronfish

Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:11 am

Any update on this.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started