Tweaky/tench S200 reg

no avatar
babylon_a_ras

Tweaky/tench S200 reg

Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi Guys,
been inactive in the hobby for a while, and my son now has my old S200 with tweaky reg. Unfortunately the reg is dumping
air from a small hole on the outside. I don't have Tweaky's details anymore so was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to have this
fixed (last time I heard - several years ago, he had stopped making these regs), either tweaky, someone else, or DIY.

many thanks

Andy

no avatar
mark holding

Re: Tweaky/tench S200 reg

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:12 pm

Phil Crampton of "The Rat Works" had a batch of Tench regulators made in November. If you get in touch with him, he maybe able to get you a regulator service kit, or replacement. He has a website at: http://www.theratworks.co.uk/contact-us/ or you can find The Rat Works facebook page by typing in The Rat Works. I probably just needs a new O-ring.

Raj

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:28 pm

Darrin at XTX Air helped me out when I had a similar problem - He sent me the seals i needed to change and talked me through the process. Good man! 8-)
http://xtxair.com/
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
babylon_a_ras

Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:23 am

Thanks for info guys. Will try one of these routes! Tweaky is actually at our local HFT club this weekend (Lincoln) but I don't want to bother him on a comp! For the record I managed to screw the reg off (no tools!) and the o ring that fits up to the cylinder has seen much better days!

Andy

no avatar
mark holding

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:04 pm

Looks like you've found out the cause of the problem then, so shouldn't be too hard to replace. All the best. Mark H.

Raj

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:17 pm

babylon_a_ras wrote:Thanks for info guys. Will try one of these routes! Tweaky is actually at our local HFT club this weekend (Lincoln) but I don't want to bother him on a comp! For the record I managed to screw the reg off (no tools!) and the o ring that fits up to the cylinder has seen much better days!
Andy

When tweaky started making these, he made the groove for that o-ring very thin and used a 1mm o-ring on that 1st batch. Later on, he realised that this was too flimsy and made them more robust. Here is a copy and paste from his e-mail to me 2 years ago 8-)

"Hi Raj, good to hear from you. The o ring used on the first batch of S200 regs was a 22 x 1mm o ring, it is a standard size and available from your local bearing shop. I don't have any in stock,
There are some on ebay! 321169731773 £2.30 for 10 delivered, not worth looking anywhere else mate!!"
:)

no avatar
babylon_a_ras

Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Raj wrote:
babylon_a_ras wrote:Thanks for info guys. Will try one of these routes! Tweaky is actually at our local HFT club this weekend (Lincoln) but I don't want to bother him on a comp! For the record I managed to screw the reg off (no tools!) and the o ring that fits up to the cylinder has seen much better days!
Andy

When tweaky started making these, he made the groove for that o-ring very thin and used a 1mm o-ring on that 1st batch. Later on, he realised that this was too flimsy and made them more robust. Here is a copy and paste from his e-mail to me 2 years ago 8-)

"Hi Raj, good to hear from you. The o ring used on the first batch of S200 regs was a 22 x 1mm o ring, it is a standard size and available from your local bearing shop. I don't have any in stock,
There are some on ebay! 321169731773 £2.30 for 10 delivered, not worth looking anywhere else mate!!"
:)

Many thanks for info raj. Looks like it is the thin o'ring that is the problem. The gun was actually in use on Sunday with good groups (well for my 9 year old anyway) so I assume the internal seals are still ok. It was only when using it I could hear the hissing! Darrin at XTXair has given me a price for upgrading which I will take him up on as the only reg I will ever take to bits is that on my HW100 (so easy to set up).

regards

Andy

Raj

Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:41 pm

If Darrin takes it in, he will usually increase the size of the groove to take a standard 2mm O-ring which is what is on the rifle at each end of the cylinder.
a. They will last longer
b. If they go, it is easy to find a replacement.