Help S200 12 ft/lb .22 cal chrony

no avatar
jeffbroodwar

Re: Help S200 12 ft/lb .22 cal chrony

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:03 am

@mark thanks for the info will test it, is it true some pcp increase slight power overtime compare when its brand new due to breaking in? Tnks !

@raj thanks, nope no limitations here in Philippines, though I dont intend to tweak something that works fine, Im just concerned that it might be under powered due to chrony result... You think its ok ? Not sure if 571 fps for 14.3 grain pointed pellet is good.

I think Bob and geordie said before its fine though the forum changed and i cant recall at all. :(

By the way,really nice people and great forum. Always helps :)

Thanks,
Jeff

no avatar
mark holding

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:44 pm

Jeff, by the time you have put a tin of 500 pellets though it, it should be bedding in, but you will only know for sure by giving it an occasional chronograph test. I bought a Caldwell chronograph, and is probably a must for any airgun shooter to stay legal in the UK. Its amazing what difference the pellet makes. I have found that a lighter pellet such as a falcon accuracy plus can be going almost 100 ft/p/s faster than a 16 grain air arms, but still not be as powerful in ft/lb, due to the weight. The faster speed will give a flatter projector though. Its always how the pellet groups that counts in the end over power. The tighter the group the better. For me the Air Arms Diablo Field and JSB Exact Jumbo perform best, but each rifle is different. I have heard that the S200 uses a Weihrauch barrel? while other manufactures use Walther or their own manufacture, all of which prefer their own brand, or style of pellet. The shuttle cock style of pellets tend to do better for some reason, while once you go FAC, supersonic, then the larger bullet shape work out better. Think round nose jumbo jet, or supersonic pointed concord for the higher speeds. All the military bullets are pointed, while the sub sonic pistols are round nosed.

Raj

Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:00 pm

jeffbroodwar wrote: @raj thanks, nope no limitations here in Philippines, though I dont intend to tweak something that works fine, Im just concerned that it might be under powered due to chrony result... You think its ok ? Not sure if 571 fps for 14.3 grain pointed pellet is good.

With 14.3 grain pellet you can go to 600 feet.sec and still stay below the 12 ft.lbs mark but since you have no power restrictions, there is no need to. If I were you, I would set it up at around 620 to 630 feet/sec. This will give you a good compromise between a flat trajectory and a decent shot count.

I can help you set this up by PM or skype or something. :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
jeffbroodwar

Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Thanks everyone for your help.
@raj, i think ill stick to factory settings, if i tune it 600, ill go over 12 ft lb using 15.9 jsb,though no power limit here, ill stick to factory config i guess. Thank you for offering help, much appreciated

Jeff