AIR ARMS S200 STOCK REMOVAL TOOL

no avatar
mark holding

AIR ARMS S200 STOCK REMOVAL TOOL

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:12 pm

After going shooting last week with my MK1 Air Arms S200, and finding that after my first shot the bolt handle came out a little further than expected for the second shot and wouldn't fire. I needed to get to the workings to find out what the problem was, but found that the screw which attaches the stock was quite hard to get too.
I know that some gunsmith tools for the Air Arms can be purchased off line, but at £14 plus postage for the cheapest, thought I would make an alternative. I have just made a tool which has solved the problem, and all for a £1. If you go into Tesco and purchase one of their £1 utility keys, it is the perfect fit for the rifle. It just needs slight modification to the tool with the two lugs on each side. All that is needed is to file, sand, or grind them down towards the tube by about 2mm on each side, and cut about a 5mm section from the top of the tube to allow the two lugs to fit into the screw in the rifle stock. Finally cut one of the utility tool arms off, so that you can turn the key one full turn each time to unscrew the screw. It will take no more than about nine turns to undue. I have attached a photo of the key, should anyone want to go into Tesco and buy one for a £1. Hope this information is useful. All you need is a junior hacksaw and all I did was rub the edges of the two lugs on my back door step to make them the right fit.
Attachments
Air Arms S200 Stock removal tool.JPG
Air Arms S200 Stock removal tool.JPG (126.56 KiB) Viewed 5653 times

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: AIR ARMS S200 STOCK REMOVAL TOOL

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:20 pm

Clever thinking that :)
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
hktc

Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:05 am

Brilliant idea.
Though there will be some people a little pi**ed off with you!!!
Merry Christmas.
Air Arms S400 Carbine
Hawke MAP Pro 4-16x50AO
Twink MK11 Silencer

no avatar
Outandabout

Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:27 am

Hi mark
Welcome to the AAOC .
Brilliant 1st post.

no avatar
GrandadG

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:29 pm

I wish you had posted this a few months ago Mark.
I've been a little busy over christmas and the new year and have only just seen this great idea.
I needed one a while ago, and being from Yorkshire, wasn't keen on spending a few bob, but was loaned one by a very nice chap in deepest Wales. :D
Lucky for me, i have a mate with a lathe who dug out a rusty old bolt and let me have a go. Between us we turned out a pretty good replica of the original tool, it's not a pretty sight, but it does the job. :D
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

bgaltd

Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:37 am

mark holding wrote:After going shooting last week with my MK1 Air Arms S200, and finding that after my first shot the bolt handle came out a little further than expected for the second shot and wouldn't fire. I needed to get to the workings to find out what the problem was, but found that the screw which attaches the stock was quite hard to get too.
I know that some gunsmith tools for the Air Arms can be purchased off line, but at £14 plus postage for the cheapest, thought I would make an alternative. I have just made a tool which has solved the problem, and all for a £1. If you go into Tesco and purchase one of their £1 utility keys, it is the perfect fit for the rifle. It just needs slight modification to the tool with the two lugs on each side. All that is needed is to file, sand, or grind them down towards the tube by about 2mm on each side, and cut about a 5mm section from the top of the tube to allow the two lugs to fit into the screw in the rifle stock. Finally cut one of the utility tool arms off, so that you can turn the key one full turn each time to unscrew the screw. It will take no more than about nine turns to undue. I have attached a photo of the key, should anyone want to go into Tesco and buy one for a £1. Hope this information is useful. All you need is a junior hacksaw and all I did was rub the edges of the two lugs on my back door step to make them the right fit.

not sure where you got £14 plus postage for the cheapest from ........ try £11.10 delivered without looking very hard :-) :-) .

still not as cheap as £1 but less faff and hassle buying from a wonderful chap :-) :-) :-) .

no avatar
mark holding

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:18 pm

Nice one. You will have to put a link on the site for the cheaper tool. At the end of the day it helps if you are a member of an A Team and can manufacture the tools you need, but not everyone has the tools to do it. The other cheaper option is to find a small headed screw driver, and hopefully, if the nut is not too tight, you can undue it that way, which I have in the past. A small metal hollow tube not much bigger than a pencil can also be tapered down to a point on both sides and also fitted. I always look around my old tool boxes for things to use if possible, but once you have the right tool for the job, you don't need them apart from the occasional service.

Its great to be part of the owners club. Great for ideas, and advice. I am tuning my S200 at the moment and installing an Alteros regulator and quick fill adapter with gauge, and will download my video of my journey when its done, in the hope that it will be of use to anyone going through the same journey.