How and when do you clean the barrell

no avatar
rhogg4696

Re: How and when do you clean the barrell

Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:02 pm

kiwi Rabbiter wrote:Hi Member's, I was just wondering when should we clean our Air Arms rifle barrels? I couldn't find anything here on the subject unless I'm blind, :roll: as I have now gone through two and a half tins, and I haven't noticed really in accuracy drop off as yet. I would like to know if possible, is when and how and what lubricant is used if any.
There is so many if's and but's on the subject, but who is right? or wrong? on Google Search. This is my first time that I have owned a air rifle of any sort. It is a Air Arms S 510 XTRA FAC .22, I use it for my job shooting Rabbits on the local golf courses here. Thanks for helping me out if you can. Cheer's

Hi
May I ask which pellets you find suits your gun best?

As for cleaning I use the 'after every tin' method. Easy to remember. Works also for rimfires.

Rob.

no avatar
seagate

Re: How and when do you clean the barrell

Thu May 19, 2016 6:43 pm

I've used the felt wads some years ago on a couple of pcps, to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if all they do is scrape the crud out of the last inch or so of choke and give the crown a clean edge.Just saying...

The only time I clean a barrel usually is in the process of testing different pellets. Or if I've made a hash of a springer relube which has dieseled abit too much :oops: , that's just to clean the soot out :D .

I use a pull through with cig filters, first an oily filter that seems to dig out the dust from the lands ,then a few more to remove any trace of oil, until they come out clean. But as I say it's not something I do regularly.