How Do You Adjust The Bubble Level On A EV2 MK4?

no avatar
Scrench

Re: How Do You Adjust The Bubble Level On A EV2 MK4?

Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Interesting Mason, and good thing you checked. My bubble was touching the left line.

bgaltd, WHO "just twisted it". Did only the ring move or the whole air cylinder since the ring is also the housing for the pressure gauge?

I'm trying one quick solution that seems to work, for now anyway. Take two O-rings, I used 7x2mm, the same ones that live in the recessed groove on an MPR where you screw in the air tank, and just put them where you need them to center the bubble. They seem to be staying in place. Of course you could just memorize where center really is.

It's true you should use a plumb line to adjust the vertical plane of your scopes crosshairs, but if you did it while your level was out of adjustment, thinking it was dead flat, you are still screwed and you won't even know why. That's the kind of thing that could drive you nuts or sell a perfectly good gun. Always check the basics, even if you have to tear the gun down to nothing.

Best Regards,
Scrench

bgaltd

Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:24 pm

Scrench wrote:Interesting Mason, and good thing you checked. My bubble was touching the left line.

bgaltd, WHO "just twisted it". Did only the ring move or the whole air cylinder since the ring is also the housing for the pressure gauge?

I'm trying one quick solution that seems to work, for now anyway. Take two O-rings, I used 7x2mm, the same ones that live in the recessed groove on an MPR where you screw in the air tank, and just put them where you need them to center the bubble. They seem to be staying in place. Of course you could just memorize where center really is.

It's true you should use a plumb line to adjust the vertical plane of your scopes crosshairs, but if you did it while your level was out of adjustment, thinking it was dead flat, you are still screwed and you won't even know why. That's the kind of thing that could drive you nuts or sell a perfectly good gun. Always check the basics, even if you have to tear the gun down to nothing.

Best Regards,
Scrench

BGALTD ,WHO just twisted it , just twisted the ring ......

no avatar
Mason

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:28 am

Thanks Julian, I never thought it would just slide, I shall tweek mine on the next refill.

bgaltd

Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:18 am

Mason wrote:Thanks Julian, I never thought it would just slide, I shall tweek mine on the next refill.

From memory it just sits on 2 o rings between the cylinder and reg .

it needs to be completely empty not just low though Mason .

no avatar
Mason

Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:49 pm

So it is pretty much the same o ring arrangement as the refill point, nice and simple. Thanks again :D

I knew you'd know you know 8-)

no avatar
Scrench

Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Julian, still a little fuzzy on this whole thing. Since the ring is also the housing for the pressure gauge, are you saying there is enough room for the ring/housing to move without disturbing the pressure gauge internals? Then can we only move it as far as those O-rings will allow or is there extra space in between the housing and the pressure gauge internals?

Mason, if you already did yours, how did you do it and what happened?

Thanks Both,

Scrench

no avatar
Mason

Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:23 pm

I haven't looked at mine yet but I will when it needs refilling and I empty the remaining air.

If I understand Julian correctly this housing slides onto the air cylinder and is sealed with two o rings in the same fashion as the filling point. So with no pressure in the air cylinder the housing can rotate around the cylinder. There should be sufficient clearance between the gauge and the hole in the fore stock to allow for a little rotation. I have looked at mine and at present the gauge is hard against one side of the hole in the stock, which will allow for about 2mm of movement to the otherside of the hole. This should allow enough movement to adjust the level. Hope this makes sense.
You wont damage the housing or the gauge doing this.

bgaltd

Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:32 am

spot on with your explanation Mason :-) .
you will see from the photo i just took of a gauge mount that the internal surface is smooth , it is sealed against the reg and cylinder by o rings .

what i will say is that when i twisted the one i did i had just service the rifle so the o rings were freshly greased so it was really easy to move , yours may not be so easy and may result in a leak if the seals are old or lacking some lube :-( .

no avatar
Mason

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:30 am

Thanks Julian, that photo makes everything crystal clear. 8-)

If mine is binding it can stay where it is, as don't want to strip the cylinder down to replace these two o rings. I don.t use the level anyway.

Hope it all goes well Scrench. :D

bgaltd

Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:18 pm

Mason wrote:Thanks Julian, that photo makes everything crystal clear. 8-)

If mine is binding it can stay where it is, as don't want to strip the cylinder down to replace these two o rings. I don.t use the level anyway.

Hope it all goes well Scrench. :D

my pleasure :-) .