DIY Regulator info

no avatar
32:1

DIY Regulator info

Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:08 am

Not sure if this could be helpful to others, a thread with info / tips /advice on setting up your DIY reg's ?

Ive been tweaking a Lane reg, with mixed results, and I'm still at it after 25+ strip downs, so if anyone else would like to forward info please feel free

S410classic .177
Best string so far was with these settings, but I'm still searching and this is by no means a five minute job as even the smallest changes effects the whole project :x :x

Lane reg
35g hammer, with 1 coil removed from stock spring
9.5lb firing valve pressure (2mm)
reg 105b
16mm standoff
Transfer port untouched but adjuster removed

This setup gave 120 great shots, and an amazing 1fps average over 10 quite a few times with the worst being 2.75 av

All was good until the reg started to squeak loudly at 140b, then it went again at 100b. Loud enough for range members to comment ? This squeak left a leak in the vent hole, so it got stripped and Ii serviced the reg (4 orings) rifle was great untl 140b again, then another leak. Rob Lane replied quickly with a mod to reg, hey presto noise and leak gone but all my settings were messed up as gun made an extra 15fps and my attempts to slow it down have resulted in me chasing setup, and scratching head.

So Hopefully this can become a how to fit a reg thread ?

Chris
If it aint broke, fix it till it is

no avatar

Re: DIY Regulator info

Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:24 am

Alatros
I have been tinkering with an Alatros teg in my 410 as the info suggests no vent hole in tube, sounded cool.

Ive spent days trying to get this to work and sadly as yet have failed, may be a dodgey reg but this has beaten me, I just cant bring myself to tear it down again as results are sooo far off.

Ive put it in locker and may revisit in the future

Chris

no avatar
Jimbob 2705

Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:56 pm

This could be quite interesting, I'm picking up an S510 Ultimate Sporter today and I'm already thinking of fitting a regulator

I see there's a few options out there; Robert Lane, Huma, Altaros and there may be a couple of more possibly?

I'm leaning towards a Robert Lane one (I believe be calls it the 'Lancet'?), or possibly a Huma

It's difficult to find a comparison between any of them though unfortunately!

Many Thanks

James

no avatar

Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:16 am

Id say go for it James
The Lancet is far better than the Alatros from my experience, the best I could get from the Alatros was indeed no better than my unregged s400 that's been played around with, basic stuff only though, whereas the Lancet performs excellently and the more you tweak and test the more you understand, its true what they say, practice make perfect

I'm just fitting another Lancet to my s400 .22, along with attempting to make an anti bounce hammer :?

Chris