Photon XT Mounted Properly at Last.

no avatar
Brooksy

Photon XT Mounted Properly at Last.

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:53 pm

The Photon XT gave me a real headache at first as I had to shim the rear mount both for windage and elevation to a silly level, adding up to 1.5mm at one point. As you know, shimming isn't the best way to mount 400 quids worth of tube as it risks crushing it, especially at the thickness I was having to go to.

Anyway, I recently dropped into a second hand sale room and found a pretty new pair of Sportsmatch fully adjustable mounts, I don't think the seller knew the value of these babies, (around 70 quid) as he let me have them for 20.

Fitted them today and what a difference!! 10 minutes with the Allen keys and I'm bang on with the Photon ret set to centre. It now shoots 5p sized groups at 30 yards in daylight.

I put a blob of white silicone on a piece of cardboard and whacked it twice without having to think too much.

If you are having problems with windage and elevation adjustments, get some of these mounts, they are engineered to perfection.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.