S200 Set Up info required.

no avatar
Waylander

S200 Set Up info required.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi people,
New to the forum so I hope I've put this post in the right place? and that I've done it right! I Apologise If I've dropped a clanger.
I understand that requests concerning tuning can be frowned upon, but I must state I'm not in anyway trying to tune this rifle beyond the 12ft/lb limit and I will be happy to get it consistent at 11ft/lb.
I only shoot target no animals.

My issue is with an old split stock AA S200 Non FAC 12ft/lb .177 cal. rifle. Firing JSB Exact Diablo 8.44gr 4.52 pellets.

I would really prefer to only use Air Arms parts in the way they were intended, as I found it to be quite a capable little rifle, and if AA can make it all work I'm happy with that.

My issues started when the gun was filled 180bar max and wouldn't put out enough air to get the pellet out of the barrel, as the pressure in the cylinder dropped (about 120bar ish) the ft/lb increased and the pellets started to fly.

So I did the following:
Checked my gauges, to make sure I wasn't overfilling the rifle. Club bottle, my bottle and stirrup Pp all good.
Reverted back from ten shot mag to single shot tray, and fitted a new seal to the probe.
Made sure the barrel port hole lined up correctly.
Found e-clip (what I've read on here some people refer to as the " Jesus Ch**st clip" had come off and wedged itself and damaged the firing pin. I replaced these.
Checked the main spring for cracks and bends. couldn't find anything. I've read allsorts of stuff concerning the wrong length or tension springs being purchased from suppliers. So I put back the original.
Looked at trigger mech and action. couldn't find anything wrong.
Tried adjusting pretty much everything to no avail.
So sitting there scratching my head resulted in me looking at the firing valve in the cylinder. it was the only thing left!!
Off it came, eventually (tight little bugger) and lo and behold the plastic firing valve seat was all chewed up. Replaced the valve seat, spring and O seals, and set it back to the original 7mm height.
And Its now working correctly! No more funny quacking squeaking noises and the pellets all leave the barrel from 180bar down to 60bar!

So now I need you amazing people to tell me the correct procedure for setting up the rifle. ie.
Do you set the transfer port to a set position (turns) and then tune the hammer spring to 11ft/lb?
or do you set the hammer spring ex amount of turns out from bottom and then the tp adjuster?
Any help Would be greatly appreciated.
I don't mind figuring out for myself and I don't think I'm that far off (10.19 to 11.54ft/lb and back) across a cylinder fill, but I'm aware that the correct set up will more than likely give me the best shot count and a more even deviation. or is what I'm getting OK?
Once again many thanks for any help.

no avatar
Roger5

Re: S200 Set Up info required.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Back the transfer port screw out, and adjust power with the hammer spring. Cheers Rog

no avatar
Waylander

Re: S200 Set Up info required.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:57 am

Thanks for the reply, greatly appreciated.