Black laminate

Geordie

Black laminate

Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:26 pm

I've not done many in laminate as its a bugger to get hold of as it needs ordered in from abroad and its expensive per blank (two stocks from one blank and bank transfer only).

Here is one from quite a while ago that was lost on the old forum.

AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

Sake-san

Re: Black laminate

Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Very nice Geordie, I chose the same for my TX FT & HFT stocks, not for the traditionalists but, personally I like the understated appearance, for me the multi coloured versions are a tad too much. But, each to their own.
On a more important topic I do hope that you are on the road to a full recovery.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

Raj

Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:58 pm

I remember this ... :cry: :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Geordie

Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:51 pm

Sake-san wrote:Very nice Geordie, I chose the same for my TX FT & HFT stocks, not for the traditionalists but, personally I like the understated appearance, for me the multi coloured versions are a tad too much. But, each to their own.
On a more important topic I do hope that you are on the road to a full recovery.

The one thing I like about lammy is you know what your going to get . From my point of view as someone who takes a gamble on walnut blanks, lammy is a safe buy.

What colour did you get Sake? was it the BSW like the stuff pictured?

Raj wrote:I remember this ... :cry: :)

I still have plenty pics Raj 8-) ;)
AA s410K .177

no avatar
air gun

Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:03 pm

minelli who. ;)
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

Geordie

Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:38 pm

air gun wrote:minelli who. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Liza?? :?
AA s410K .177

no avatar
air gun

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:13 pm

Geordie wrote:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
air gun

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:18 pm

Geordie wrote:

I am good around a piece of wood. my farther in law is top class around a piece of wood. but you my friend are crazy good around a piece of wood. :mrgreen:

Sake-san

Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:24 am

I dont know the precise colour reference Geordie, I requested a very dark grey but they look much like the one in your photos. The usual laminate supplier of the stock maker had a bad fire and a new supplier was utilised.
I will put up some pictures when I get a moment.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

Geordie

Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:09 pm

Sake-san wrote:I dont know the precise colour reference Geordie, I requested a very dark grey but they look much like the one in your photos. The usual laminate supplier of the stock maker had a bad fire and a new supplier was utilised.
I will put up some pictures when I get a moment.

There are two main suppliers of laminate that I know of, one in The States and one in Finland. The one in Finland (CWP) is probably the easiest of the two to buy from, but their blanks are a weird size and big enough to get two stocks from them. The down side for me is that you have to pay by bank transfer and not with a credit card :lol:

They do lots of shades and colours, you can even order blanks in your own custom colours. The one I chose BSW is black silver white and I was a bit disappointed when I put the first coat of oil on it as the colours didnt pop out. In hindsight I'd go for a different thickness of the ply sheets as I think you get a better contrast with the thicker ply. I just wish there was a supplier in the UK as Id like to do more in laminate. I'll be sticking with walnut for the time being but its getting harder to get hold of.

I'm on the mend and I hope to return to my hobby in the coming weeks as I have a couple of people who are waiting for their stocks, I dont like letting people down .

cheers.
AA s410K .177