one for the oldies

no avatar
wastrel

one for the oldies

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:39 pm

if your under the age of 45 you probably won`t get this, sorry!
the following is a true story from over 30 years ago.
me & 4 other mates are having a drink in Malcy`s flat one night, we`re playing trivial pursuits, dunno if all of you have had a go at TP, but it`s dammed difficult! several hours later some had a bit of cheese, some two, others 3 so- one more to win! not only does Malcy not have a wee plastic triangle, he hasn`t answered one question correctly yet, his only knowledge is sport -read football -read Glasgow celtic, anytime he gets a sports question it`s like "who won the ladies 100m final in 1972 Olympics" like I said, it`s a ruddy hard game, anyhoo, Malcy (by now half cut) eventually loses the plot & declares the game over as he fails to answer the latest question directed at him, but as we are
(a) enjoying the game (b) enjoying Malcy`s humiliation & (c) trying to win the damm game (d) 3 sheets to the wind ourselves, we`ve been at it around 4 hrs ATP so, he`s roundly shouted down! my mate Terry tells him we`ll give him a clue on the next question, it`s indelibly burned into my memory this, ahem,
"Righto Malcy, what world famous moment occurred 20th July 1969" have a think lads?
anyhoo, Malcy looks like a constipated smeagol ATP, then screams, "you said you`d give us a clue, ye said a clue, go on, geez a clue"
Terry reading the card looks at him & go`s Doo Roo Doo Do Doooooooo the five note tune from Close Encounters, Malcy sits back, snaps his fingers & with a look on his face like "why didn`t you say that in the first place!"
& sez "THE CLANGERS!"
I swear I almost vomited from laughing so hard! & that was the end of that as the board got booted high in the air!
the answer is the 1st moon landing!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member