The Squire

Kwaka

The Squire

Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:23 pm

So there's a far off place that consists of a triangular lake surrounded by land, with three kingdoms on three sides of the lake. The first Kingdom is rich and powerful, filled with wealthy and prosperous people. The second kingdom is more humble, but it has its fair share of wealth and power too. The third kingdom is struggling and poor, and barely has an army.

The kingdoms eventually go to war over the control of the lake, as its a valuable resource to have. The first kingdom sends 100 of their finest knights, clad in their best armour and each with their own personal squire. The second kingdom sends 50 of their knights, with fine leather armour and a few dozen squires of their own. The third kingdom sends their one and only knight, an elderly warrior who has long since passed his prime, with his own personal squire.

The night before the big battle the knights in the first kingdom drink and make merry, partying late into the night. The knights in the second kingdom aren't as well off, but have their own supply of grog and also drink late into the night. In the third camp the faithful squire gets a rope and slings it over the branch of a tall tree, making a noose and hangs a pot from it. He fills the pot with stew and has a humble meal with the old knight.

The next morning the knights in the first two kingdoms are hung over and unable to fight, while the knight in the third kingdom is old and weary; unable to get up. In place of the knights, the squires from all the three kingdoms go and fight. The battle lasts long into the night but, by the time the dust settles, only one squire was left standing - the squire from the third kingdom.

It just goes to show that the squire of the high pot and noose is equal to the sum of the squires of the other two sides! :D

I'll get my coat!

Neil
S400 Classic .22
Beretta 682 Gold E 30" O/U M/C
Sabel SxS 28" F/C
CZ 455 Varmint .22lr SAK moderator

Raj

Re: The Squire

Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:26 pm

You little Pythagoras !!! 8-) :) :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Kwaka

Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:29 pm

Raj wrote:You little Pythagoras !!! 8-) :) :lol:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry! Saw this today and couldn't resist; made me chuckle and groan in equal measure!
S400 Classic .22
Beretta 682 Gold E 30" O/U M/C
Sabel SxS 28" F/C
CZ 455 Varmint .22lr SAK moderator

Blackbaronfish

Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:58 pm

And I just read all that :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started