New apprentice

Timmytree

New apprentice

Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Taken from elsewhere.

A young family moved into a house next door to an empty plot.

One day, a gang of building workers turned up to start building on the plot.

The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers.

She hung around and eventually the builders, all with hearts of gold, more or less adopted the little girl as a sort of project mascot.

They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had tea and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.

They even gave the child her very own hard hat and gloves, which thrilled her immensely.

At the end of the first week, the smiling builders presented her with a pay envelope - containing two pounds in 10p coins.

The little girl took her 'pay' home to her mother who suggested that they take the money to the bank the next day to open a savings account.

At the bank, the female cashier was tickled pink listening to the little girl telling her about her 'work' on the building site and the fact she had a 'pay packet'.

'You must have worked very hard to earn all this', said the cashier.

The little girl proudly replied, 'Yes, I worked every day with Steve and Wayne and Mike. We're building a big house.'

'My goodness gracious,' said the cashier, 'And will you be working on the house again next week?'

The child thought for a moment. Then she said seriously:

'I think so. Provided those w*****s at Jewsons deliver the ******g bricks on time.'

no avatar
GrandadG

Re: New apprentice

Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Blackbaronfish

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:54 pm

These small people pick up on everything...just ask my son as his nearly three year old is always getting him in trouble :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Raj

Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:53 pm

I remember learning the phonetic alphabet with my eldest whenshe was three. We had a shock when we got to F :shock: :D
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Blackbaronfish

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:18 pm

Oh foxtrot,uniform.charlie,kilo...roger so far over :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Bullingdon

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:49 am

Wonderful, out of the mouths of babes...., with two boys, at one and three and a half years respectively I have all this to look forward to again :?

Timmytree

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:39 pm

I remember my eldest (now 34) when she was about 4, mother in law arrived on the doorstep and Louise promptly said, "Where is your broomstick nanna? Daddy says you ride it everywhere?" :mrgreen: